Wednesday, May 09, 2012

 

Best Superhero Team: The Great Lakes Avengers


Long-time Razorites know that I am a big fan of Squirrel Girl, the only superhero whose primary talent is chewing through things. However, you might not know that she is just one part of a fabulous superhero group, the Great Lakes Avengers, based in Milwaukee, as depicted by Marvel Comics. Their task is guarding Wisconsin. Their leader is "Mr. Immortal," whose only discernible talent is that nothing can kill him, at least for long.

No, I am not making this up.

I'm not quite sure why there would be a D-League Avengers, but it's hard to argue with the success of such interesting characters. For example, who wouldn't love Big Bertha, whose talent is the ability to strategically maneuver her fat to specific parts of her body? Or Flatman, who is... well, flat, and won the Superhero poker tournament. And then there is Dinah Soar, who is just downright creepy.

I'll say this: Wisconsin needs defending too-- I'm sick of all the serious action going to New York. If we lose Wisconsin to the super villains, you can say good-bye to America's supply of Harleys and lite beer, and we all know what that would lead to...

Comments:
With all the crazyness occuring in the dairy state, are there "try-outs" to add to their ranks? I have slain many a crisis with my weapon of choice - a prized mechanical pencil... "Quick Draw"

I was weened on the "Champaign of Beers" and still place incense at the De Fazio and Feeney shrine (Laverne and Shirley) Squiggy, where are you?
 
I'm gonna have to correct you for calling Squirrel Girl "the only superhero whose primary talent is chewing through things."

Check out this link to learn all about Matter Eater Lad from the 1960's superteam the Leagion of Super Heroes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matter-Eater_Lad

I'm too nerdy for my own good.
Borger
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#