Tuesday, April 10, 2012

 

A hard road for good people


In Waco, there is another difficult story. Tanner Underwood, son of my Baylor colleague Jim Underwood and his wife Carol, was in a terrible car accident on March 23, and has remained in a coma since that time. Here is the description from the CaringBridge site:

Carol, Travis, and Tanner Underwood were in a serious car accident on I-35 Friday, March 23. Carol and Travis had minor cuts and bruises, but Tanner was flown to Scott and White in Temple to treat head injuries. He has been sedated in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, where doctors are monitoring the swelling in his brain and brain activity. Please continue praying for the family. We are asking God to heal him, and trust in His goodness and love for us.


Tanner is a wonderful kid-- full of life, smart, and surprising in the best way. It is unknown right now what his injuries are; but the doctors seem to hold open the chance of a full recovery. Still, it is hard to imagine the pain and doubt his parents must be feeling.

If you are someone who prays, pray for Tanner's recovery. If you are someone who hopes, then hope for the same.

Comments:
I am so sorry. I had not heard about the accident. This, and the other losses, make me think of the song that has: "We're all just one phone call from our knees."
I will pray for them. Pray that he will be okay. That they will.
MMM
 
praying (and hoping)
 
On it. The cross of parenthood,what every parent fears.I am going to pray for them all.
 
Both. THere is too much pain in the your life lately. I don't understand it.
 
For me, to enjoy a Blessed Easter Triduum, in the presence of family and reaching out to distant loved ones in voice, connected not to email, brings clarity (often renewal) to relationships with God, family, loved ones and friends and heightens the arrival of Penticost - a celebration that joins us together often in Spirit and prayer.

May my hope and prayers be offered, to all of yours, for Tanner and his family.

I am also thankful, for a couple of days, not being connected to email and challenged by Mark's Haiku challenge. Being "New" to your Razor family has been a blessing and words can not express what being welcomed has meant to me. I give thanks for how each of you, in your own special way, continue to touch and brighten my life each day.
 
A full life brings with it joy and a greater risk of pain. Your mom and I are praying and hoping for a swift and full recovery.
"We're all just one phone call from our knees." Wow, too true. Be thankful for the call that rings with laughter. Dad
 
Mr Osler

I hope you do not mind my printing, framing and displaying your words of wisdom in my home - so many prayerful reflections will be initiated with each reading.

Thank you for sharing...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#