Sunday, March 25, 2012

 

Sunday Reflection: Quiet

I've often seen the truth in the idea that God speaks to us in still, small moments.

The challenge is allowing those moments in a life that is full of people, ideas, information, and screens. It is too often one of my failings; I control all of my time, which means I leave none of it available for those still, small moments.

Like so many other things, allowing in what is good requires me to give up some of my power-- in this case, my power over my own time.

I'm going to do better at that.

Comments:
And pass the biscuits and honey! I can only smile and nod. This is a way good thing.
 
Well put!

We all, if we are honest, struggle with this to one degree or another.

Control is an illusion. The way in which we usually conceive of power is intimately interwoven with control.

This is what Jesus was showing us, I think, through Palm Sunday/Holy Week.

Scott Davis

PS I heard a great Brown joke on Family Guy a week ago and thought of all of you. Blessings.
 
Spot:

Q: How many Brown Univ. students does it take to change a light bulb?

A: One, but he gets three credits.
 
Still, small moments are almost always unexpected and almost never, ever planned. A calendar that is completely booked, like anything over-planned allows for fewer chances of the unexpected. For those small, spontaneous moments one doesn’t see coming, open slots in the calendar may be needed and there may not be any small moment to fill them after all, but not allowing the chance seems like a much greater loss. As for power and control…very tricky endeavors, for the simple fact they are illusions.a
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#