Tuesday, March 20, 2012

 

Nashville Skyline

When I returned yesterday from Nashville (where we were doing the Trial of Christ before a great and engaged crowd at St. Henry's Catholic Church), I notice that this piece of mine (about the pardon power) had popped up over at the Huffington Post.

The trip was great, and had some funny moments. Yesterday, for example, I pulled up next to an ambulance and noticed that they were listening to a silly pop song-- I think it actually was the theme to HR Puffinstuff-- and then I couldn't get it out of my head all day. That poor guy in the back of the ambulance!


Comments:
I hum this song all the time. It was one of my FAVORITE Saturday morning shows when I was a kid.

Put a smile on my face... and annoyed everyone in Starbucks.
 
One of my favorite albums -
http://www.amazon.com/Saturday-Morning-Cartoons-Greatest-Hits/dp/B000002OYG
 
I'm happy that you are humming or singing or playing a kazoo or whatever it was. It always makes me feel better when I sing. I don't always think to do it,however. Good for you.
 
Um, I'm with Mark on this one. Hasn't the poor guy/gal lying in the back suffered enough already. In addition to the physical pain, now you've got the psychic pain of that "song" to deal with. It's a slippery slope, y'all. Next thing you know, you'll be saying it's OK to hum "Seasons in the Sun," or "Honey," or "Sugar Sugar," or anything Celine Dion in an ambulance, then you've REALLY got problems. I'm surprised I have to explain this to such otherwise smart people.
Bob
 
Bob,I concur...but only on the basis of "Sugar,Sugar," and general insipidness. Singing is important.Perhaps if The Professor sang B.B.King,you would be ok with it: "Nobody loves me but my mother...and she could be jivin' too." "Everybody want to know/Why I sing the blues/I been around a long time/and I really paid my dues." "I heard the rats tell the bedbugs to leave the roaches some.And everybody wonder why/why I sing the blues."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#