Monday, March 12, 2012

 

Haiku Winner Announced!


Wow! Who knew that there was so much interest in bacon?

Well, actually, we all did (except the vegans). It's just... ok, I'm getting hungry again.

Here are our bacon-tastic winners:

Bob's haiku was a beautiful summary of what bacon is:

My heart is achin'
To have me some more bacon
It's a pork fat thing.


CTL, meanwhile, gave us the most beautiful literary knock-off we have seen so far on the Razor:

One meat to rule them
All, one meat to find them...and
in goodness bind them.


Pete Surdo's legal reference was pure genius:

Damn yummy pig meat!
Even Barbour would tell you:
Clemency denied.
Finally, Renee's wonderful poem brought back some great memories of my own:

They slept by clear creek
In the thrall of mountains.Woke
To bacon's whisper.
Do these four know each other? Oh, yes they do.

Comic-Con 2004 at the San Diego Convention Center was a breakthrough event-- and tickets sold out fast. WIth appearances by the Fairfield Four, Antonin Scalia, Lee Iaccoca, and Larry Bird, the legend was well-earned. It's unclear exactly how this happened, but it appears that Craigslist, several margaritas, a 1991 Toyota Tercel, and $573 in one dollar bills were involved. Somehow, our four winners ended up on the most awesome road trip ever. The story is too long to do justice to here, but suffice it to say that the municipal ordinances of Abilene, Texas, Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, and Yuma, Arizona were all amended in the wake of their visit...

Comments:
Yeah, but the laws in Yuma were just CRYIN' OUT for change. We were just the catalyst, the tip of the iceberg. But rest assured, the people of Yuma are forever grateful that we were there ... even for a few hours. As for Penny's Diner on the main road, my GAWD could that woman cook bacon!
Bob
 
Penny's does sound good!

But, Bob... didn't I see a movie where you got killed in Yuma?
 
Actually, that's the 3:10 TO Yuma ... I never actually get on the train. I'm shot down in a saloon in the two-bit town BEFORE Russell Crowe actually gets on the 3:10 to Yuma. But then, I'd made a fatal mistake in the botched robbery. What you gonna do?
Bob
 
I never understood why Russell Crowe got on the train. If he's so cold blooded and conniving, he should have just hightailed it out of there after the other guy died.
 
Robert Darden is never really dead...
 
My guess is that he did it for Christian Bale's kid. He whistled for his horse. Once the train was around the bend, I've always assumed he jumped on the horse and rode in the opposite direction. But then, I'm a hopeless optimist.
Bob
 
All I have to say is that if there's a road trip....I'm on it. I love to drive and hate to fly. I like to sample the local pies and have breakfast at Mom and Pop restaurants and look at barns and horses and antiques. A margarita or two couldn't hurt. Can we get matching hats? Though I doubt the boys are into flowers,velvet and feathers...
 
I read somewhere that Bacon is supposed to be bad for you. But it might be just a rumor.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#