Saturday, October 01, 2011

 

What is "The Cloud?"


I have seen a lot of references in the media and advertising to "The Cloud." These sources never seem to explain, exactly, what The Cloud is, though.

From what I can guess, it is a place to store information out there someplace on the internet. It just kind of floats up into the cloud (instead of your hard drive) until you need it.

I'm not sure why that is good. It definitely sounds like the start of a horror movie.

Meanwhile, back in the world of low tech, St. Stephens is having its "Applefest" today, which features someone called a "Pickle Fairy." This is something else that I can't explain.

Comments:
You of little faith, only those who believe in the Pickle Fairy will be able to see her today.
 
The Johnny Appleseed Bash,Professor,is a marvelous gathering of slightly apple-befuddled folk in desperate need of a pickle. I ordinarily never miss it,but am in Seattle celebrating my sister's 60th. I urge you to enter whole-heartedly into the thrall of the green-locked ethereal being.The bands are good. Wish I were there.
 
You mean it ISN'T an actual cloud? Damn. There goes $25 I didn't have to lose.
Thanks for nothing.
Bob
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#