Saturday, October 29, 2011

 

Eckankar


While in Waco this week, one of my favorite Razorites told me about his stumbling onto the existence of Eckankar, a religion that is apparently based on the teachings of a 40,000 year old warrior.

Intriguingly, the ECK website is big on the more normal aspects of the faith, and light on many details about said warrior. However, it does reveal that their spiritual masters include one who lives on Venus and another who teaches at the "Astral Plane." Also, there is a guy named Paul Twitchell from Kentucky.

Since the ECK Temple is located in Chanhassan, Minnesota, not far from my house, Might this merit a visit?

Comments:
That looks to be about five minutes from my house in Chanhassen, Mark. I'm thinking we should organize a field trip.
 
You have to go. I am jealous, I would go with you if I lived closer and did not have a paying gig on the weekends.

Scott Davis
 
All this talk about Eckankar and you didn't even mention HU (hyoo)?

For Twitchell's sake! It's a love song to Sagmud (God). HU is woven into the language of life. It is the Sound of all sounds!
 
Who needs SNL when you have stuff like this?
 
You two stay out of there! I have visions of them kidnapping you and placing you in a dark basement dungeon where you are forced to sumo wrestle to get your warrior badges,or whatever. And making you recite the Warrior...CREED!
 
Yeah,I've known some guys who thought they were on the astral plane...when,in reality,they were just going to Bismarck.
 
Renee - you could always join our field trip as protector goddess to keep us out of their evil clutches.
 
Susan is correct, it is close - a liesurely walk from my parish of St Huberts.

When the two of you organize your field trip (road trip), please include a sign up sheet - I'll bring sandwiches (they won't be square either) and a vile or two of "holy water" if required.

I had a business partner who experienced Eckankar and sought the astral plane Renee speaks of, though he ended up in Mandan...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#