Monday, September 26, 2011

 

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

This week's haiku winner is...

Well, the first runner-up was Megan Willome, for this awesome entry:


How could I not love
Rupert Piper, as Megan,
the valuable girl?

(the book was "Rupert Piper and Megan, the Valuable Girl" by Ethelyn Parkinson, c1972).


And now, our winner! It's Ang, for this entry:

Spell "chrysanthemum."
Gilbert Blythe, do you need a
personal tutor?


And now, without further distraction, the tale of Ang:

From her office high atop the Baylor University Disaster Tower, Waco resident Ang works hard at one of Baylor University's most difficult jobs: Utility staff member. Her task is simple-- she fills in for whoever doesn't show up for work that day. One day she is filling in for Scott Drew, throwing shoes at free-throw shooters, and the next she is painting a colorful mural on the side of the sorority center, before heading off to cover an advanced philosophy class.

Through it all, Ang handles these roles with aplomb. She remembered a few of her favorite tasks recently in an interview with the Razor, revealing that one of the most scary jobs was blocking for Robert Griffin III in the Rice game last week.

So... let's hear it for Ang!

Comments:
Way to go, Ang! I'd forgotten all about dear Gilbert.
 
Ha! I am a wearer of may hats; what can I say? Your description of my job duties wasn't too far off-course. Thank you for the honor of selecting my poem!
 
*many hats ... That's what I get for commenting before my first cup of coffee! ;)
 
Excellent choice! Hoped to be runner up but that just makes me more motivated for next time. Go Vikes!
 
Ooo -- tough choices this week! Two good ones!
Bob
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#