Friday, September 09, 2011

 

Haiku Friday: Cartoons!



When I was just a small boy growing up in Eastern Europe with the Dallas Defense Attorney and Marta, we all loved the classic cat-and-mouse cartoon "Worker and Parasite" seen above. I can still recreate most of the episodes verbatim.

Of course, here in the United States, children loved similar cartoons like Bugs The Bunny, Scoobie Doo, Snoopy, H.R. Puffenstuff, Col. Klapp, Bullwinkle, Black Sabbath, Tom and Jerry, Caspar the Friendly Dead Child, Mr. Roper's Neighborhood, and others. Let's recall the days of animated entertainment-- in haiku!

Here is mine:

Foxy Natasha
I wanted her to succeed!
Stupid talking Moose...

Now it is your turn. Just make it about a cartoon, any cartoon, and make the first line five syllables, the second line seven, and five again for the third.

As usual, the prize will be your biography here on Monday!

Comments:
boring afternoons
I hated Tom and Jerry
dad still doesn't know
 
How can one Smurfette
Populate a species? Signed,
Child of the eighties.
 
Oblio was my hero,
Born on an acid trip, I learned.
Still my favorite ever.

PS “Worker and Parasite” was more the American boy's favorite. Go figure!
 
He-Man was a jock;
She-Ra Princess of Power -
that was my dream role!
 
Conjunction Junction,
Interjections! I'm Just a
Bill--It's SchoolHouse Rock!
 
Oh, Bugs the Bunny!
You and your violent antics.
My mom hated you.
 
Trip, trip, trip, trip, trip
(casual look by Daffy)
horse runs into tree.

Hot tears while brothers
watch anything but Tweety
and Pepe Le Pew.
 
My favorite 'toon?
"Adventures of RRL."
Good gravy, he's cool!
 
Fave? Pickles the Cat.
Attitude and a cat suit!
No man can resist.
 
Go Go Go, Go Go
Speed Racer, You're a Demon
On Wheels! Thanks Japan!
 
Roger Ramjet, Hero.
A low budget Bullwinkle
My "Friend" on FaceBook
 
Gigantor! Cartoon
Version of Johnny Socko's
Amazing Robot
 
Tobor the 8 Man
Magic Cigarettes for Strength!
was that RRL?
 
"Tobor the 8 Man?"

Where the hell did you grow up?
 
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tobor+the+8th+man+theme+song&mid=C510EAE8AF73210B6FD0C510EAE8AF73210B6FD0&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1&adlt=strict

TOBOR is ROBOT spelled backwards. It was on Channel 61 in Cleveland and Channel 20 in Washington, DC
 
Muscled Flying Mouse
Saved Pearl Pureheart tied to tracks.
Oilcan Harry: tie me!


Pepe Le Pew woos cat--
My leetle desairt flowaire
What? Are you shy-ee?

To learn of romance
From a skunk and a mouse...Yikes!
No wonder I'm odd.

Snagglepuss! Exit...
Stage Right! Lion with lisp leaps
On my funny bone.
No wonder I'm strange.
 
Professor...oops! Did not mean to put that last line on the last one.Please judge accordingly!
 
Dumb Donald, Mushmouth,
Weird Harold, Bill, Russell,
Rudy, Fat Albert.
 
Megan, I do a pretty good Fat Albert... and it has gotten me in trouble.
 
OK, I just watched the video. Those East Germans must have discovered drugs LONG before the cartoon makers did here in The West.
 
I have no time to
do a real haiku. Sorry.
refrigeerator.
 
In remote West Texas
In the middle of nowhere
Sadly, no cartoons.
 
Pic-i-nic basket
Theft: his raison d'etre
Yogi Bear's life of crime.



Never caught,swift bird
Chased by Wil.E.Coyote.
Acme anvil aids.
 
Moose and squirrel are
Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
Boris's Badanoff.
 
Oh Pink Panther, You
were a mystery to me.
I still don't get you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#