Tuesday, September 13, 2011

 

The Archive of the Del Crandalls!



As particularly astute readers of this blog know, one of my favorite shows was a performance by the Del Crandalls in Naugatuck, Connecticut in 1989. IPLawGuy and I drove up from New Haven (I forget why he was there, but he was).

I recently received a note from Del Crandall's frontman Rich Bowering, letting me know that the Del Crandall's catalogue (such as it is) is now available online-- you can see (or, more accurately, hear) it here.

It's funny to me how the music I like is so often... well, not so popular. Is it me... or that industry?

Comments:
Sorry to go off topic, but it appears Minnesota needs your help as much as Texas.

Today's NYT article (In Suburb, Battle Goes Public on Bullying of Gay Students) sums up the situation.

It is shameful that the staff "looks the other way."
 
Wow-- here is that story in the times. For what it is worth, it looks like I will be speaking at a conference on exactly this in Minneapolis in January.

In addition, I'm pretty confident that the Del Crandalls are against bullying, too.
 
I was there because I liked to travel and see new things.

You forgot to mention that we were there to see Barrence Whitfield & the Savages.
 
IPLG-- I was trying to be polite in saying I "didn't know" why you were in New Haven. That was the trip where you held up the convenience store in Guilford, but were caught because your disguise (tricorn hat, breeches, muslin shirt, toy wooden musket) gave you away as a visitor from Williamsburg.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#