Wednesday, August 31, 2011

 

Something new is created, and I head off to Waco...


Today, I am heading off to Waco for several interesting events. To kick things off, I will be speaking tonight to the Baylor Democrats-- the meeting starts at 7 pm in Draper 329, and all are welcome. I will be talking about the subject of my Huffpo piece from yesterday. Then, tomorrow (Thursday) I will do a bunch of stuff and then go to Scruffy's.

Something wonderful and new happened yesterday, though... a first.

Yesterday we started the first commutation clinic in American legal history. It was wonderful. We sat in a small room, and I talked about the project we will embark on together now-- a project that will lead us to both prepare commutation petitions for individual clients, and to seek out a more principled role for the Constitutional pardon power within the larger realm of American criiminal law.

Freedom awaits.

Comments:
Please keep us informed about the commutation clinic. Who are the "we" that you met with? Thanks, Dad
 
Dad (I am assuming this is my Dad-- hi Dad!),

The "we" was me and the students in the clinic. Who, by the way, are awesome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#