Friday, August 26, 2011

 

Haiku Friday: The Music



It's been a tough week, though with some glorious moments. Next week is going to be a challenge, too-- tune in on Sunday to find out why (It's time for the project I alluded to a few months ago, which will take me back to Waco at the end of next week). I have already had a taste of what awaits, and suffice it to say that I will need the support, prayers, and friendship of those who agree with me, and the grace and understanding of those who don't.

But, there is a slow train coming. All you need is faith to hear the diesels humming...

Let's haiku about music today, because so often that sustains us-- we can't do that often enough.

Here is mine:

Sing to me, Al Green,
It brings love and happiness,
Solace in the night.

Now it is your turn-- just make it 5 syllables/7/5, and the usual prize will apply: Your bio featured here on Monday.

Comments:
Rock and Roll Hoochie Coo
Step on out and spread the news!
for me, says it all!
 
A sweet melody
Carolina on my mind
I am going there
 
Mettalica rules!
I'm just not sure what they rule...
Maybe Latvia?
 
Paul Simon's Graceland:
Both the title song and the
Album. Beautiful.
 
The words of the song
Echoed my deepest questions
I want to know you.

MMM
 
Music speaks to you,
But also speaks about you.
A playlist life-story.
 
Duh, duh, duhhhhhh, duh duh,
dah duhhhhhh. Duh, duh, duhhhhhh, duh, duhhhhhhhhhhh.
Smoke on the water.
 
Stairway to Heaven,
Music soothes the soul like
dew on a meadow.
 
BB growl,kiss stars:
"Talkin bout mah hummingbird"
Pet Lucille tender.



How can you play sweet
And dirty,me on your back?
Every note hurts and heals.
 
You'll do fine,Professor.Just fine.Would you like to borrow the HAT or a marabou fan?
 
Waiting on a Friend
Sympathy for the Devil
Get Off of my Cloud

Time Is On My Side
Paint it Black, Satisfaction
Under My Thumb-The Stones!
 
She loves you Porgy,
like no Bess that never was,
Nina Simone sighs.

"I'll have a picnic
in my bathroom." Mr Dylan
knows just what to say.

My thought, prayers, and agreement are with this week. I look forward to hearing about the pleasant surprise, there's got to be one. (Oh, and I'd take the hat and the fan, both for the weather and some subtle underscoring...)
 
A fan? Overkill.
 
Alright. But only to some.
 
Lyric conundrums:
Who are these "streetlight people"?
What's a pompatus?
 
Johnny Cash: "Ain't no
grave can hold my body down."

I believe it too.
 
Heavy metal speaks
the frustration that I'm not
brave enough to vent.
 
RRL - I needed no hints....
 
given the heat in Waco, you should take a fan.
 
Solo car singing--
top of my lungs, window down,
Saint on Glory Road.



Spine straightens to steel
Courage meet my prayers now.
Turn the volume up.

Rocky road pewter,
Fly into Waco furnace,
Lungs afire truth blues.
 
"Little Word,Little White Bird," by Carl Sandburg might do you some good.Or B.B.King: "Nobody loves me but my mother/And she...could be jivin' too." Doesn't exactly apply to you,but it makes me smile!
 
Christine: I'm with you on the fan.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#