Friday, August 19, 2011

 

Haiku Friday: Political Figures!



Oh, man, I am so glad that Christine O'Donnell isn't going away. I just wonder why she isn't running for president? I mean, she has all the elements (as a candidate from either party)-- comes off as crazy, easily offended, and really wants to stay on message.

So, let's haiku about political figures. You can pick anyone you want (including a teenage queen of Naboo). Here is mine:

Christine O'Donnell!
I liked you better when
You were still a witch!

The usual prize applies-- your bio, this space, Monday. 5/7/5. Go!



[UPDATE: OK, fine. You can make your haiku be about cupcakes, too, if you want]

Comments:
Vote for the person?
Only in the primaries
The choices---akin

Sadly after that
We endure party punchlines
Poor America
 
Aggie Rick Perry
He's leaving, too: Hey, Texas!
Keep some idiots!
 
Bring me some cupcakes!
Put them in my big belly!
Aggies love cupcakes!
 
The ones whose mouths drool
Crave pinksweet frosting,no
Cake please! Michele B.
 
Mitt Romney cupcakes:
Made by a corporation
(They're people! People!)

[Note soylent green reference]
 
So many "P" picks!
Palin? Perry? Pawlenty?
I think I'll just Pass.

Platitudes and ploys
Playing games, positioning;
Phonies, all of them.

What about Ron Paul?
A crackpot? Or principled?
Perhaps he's my "P!"
 
Parry is scary,
Wanted Texas to secede,
He has pretty hair.
 
Christine O'Donnell
Lies about not bein' a witch
Hat says: "Slytherin!"
 
I too only want
to talk about what I want;
I should be President.

Why do the women
look as if they were processed?
Same, same, oh and, same.

Why do all the men
look as if they were processed?
Same, Same, and Ron Paul.
 
"I cooked a cake for
you, Mommy. It has fish and
syrup in it." *gag*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#