Monday, August 29, 2011

 

Haiku Contest Winner: RRL!

RRL hires an intern
by: oslerguy



There were so many good entries last week-- Ang, Neil Alan Willard, Renee, and many others-- but the most effective lobbying campaign was by supporters of RRL, who submitted this haiku:

Duh, duh, duhhhhhh, duh duh,
dah duhhhhhh. Duh, duh, duhhhhhh, duh,
duhhhhhhhhhhh.

If you don't recognize it,here is a hint:



So congrats, RRL, and I will see you at Scruffy's Thursday night.

Meanwhile, here is a brief biography of RRL:

A native of Sherman, Texas, RRL is a direct descendant of both the founder of that town (Sherman T. Xas) and Confederate General Nathan G. ("Shanks") Evans, for whom he is named. RRL's early childhood is lost to history, as his parents were itinerant lawyers, wandering from Sherman as far south as Denton and northward to the Oklahoma border, who often left him in the care of his intoxicated uncle, William David ("Shanks") Prizzle.

Despite these hardships, RRL succeeded in his studies at Sherman High School, where he graduated 21st in his class, just ahead of current Texas governor Rick Perry. He then furthered his education at Baylor and Baylor Log School, where he learned his current craft of lumbering and the timber trades. He eventually began his own timber business, earning enough to purchase his own private train and several members of the Texas House of Representatives.

Comments:
Wow, that video is EXACTLY what my interview with him was like in 2009!
 
My name is Yan Johnson, I come from Wisconsin, I am a lumberjack there.
 
little known fact about RRL-- his address is actually technically in denison, tx.
he's very proud of this fact and everybody should ask him about it.
if he tries to deny that he's actually from denison, don't believe it, that's just him being modest.
 
Look out! I think that's Tydwbleach in a disguise
 
I want to sincerly thank you. These are some of these nicest things anyone has ever said about me. I would also like to welcome my new intern. I look forward to a happy partnership filled with blowing things up.

I would also like to respond to Woody's factual accusations that I'm from Denison. My address is in Waco, Texas, so the first claim he made was just false. My parents' address is technically listed in Denison, but is in an unincorporated part of Grayson County. Also, I went to Sherman High School, home of the Bearcats. I hate Denison.

Again, thank you for this honor. Rock on. Smoke 'em if you got 'em. See you Thursday Osler.
 
i told you he'd be bashful about it.
RRL and denison, synonymous in so many ways.
on thursday, he'll probably be wearing his favorite Denison High School Football t-shirt at scruffy murphy's.
 
He kind of has that "Denison Look," doesn't he?
 
I do not have a "Denison look." You know this because I am not losing my teeth at a rapid rate and do not look like a meth addict, and I don't live in a trailer made of railroad ties (because everything in Denison is made of railroad ties).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#