Friday, June 24, 2011

 

Haiku Friday: Ice Cream



It's that time of year that I positively crave ice cream. I just adore the taste of it on a hot day, and the feeling of cupping the tip of my tongue around it to soak up the texture and feel of it. There is a curve to it, and the shape softens under my tongue and lips until it runs down my chin. It responds to me as I respond to it.

I have two favorites. In a regular ice cream, I prefer mint chocolate chip, in large part because of the contrast in textures and tastes. At Dairy Queen, though, I'll order a soft-serve with a cherry coating. I love biting through the hard cherry to the vanilla below.

Let's haiku about ice cream today. Here is mine:

Nine-thirty, Tuesday.
A hot summer night, Waco.
Languid ice cream dusk.

Now it is your turn: Just make it five lines for the first, seven for the second, and five for the third (more or less).

Comments:
Mint chocolate chip?
Gravel buried in green muck;
Worse than bad lager.
 
Ice cream? Can't stand it.
I don't get the obsession.
I have a headache.
 
That first bite is best
I turn my spoon upside down
To taste the summer
 
Mint chocolate chip
After the dentist's office
Never sweeter guilt
 
Another dynamite haiku from you,Professor!


Aunt Myrtle offers cone
Fresh peach ice cream to the babe
Changed forever by taste.


Coffee sultry cream
Down the gullet heaven's dream
Frozen ambrosia.
 
This summer's fav'rite:
Nicollet Ave-nue Pot Hole
Love the taste and name
 
Ice cream? I love ice
cream! I think I'll have some now!
Yum Yum Yum Yum YUM!

(juvenile, I know, but it gets the point across)
 
I crave ice cream the most
when the cone is gone and only
my sweet fingers are left
 
Ice cream is OK
But milkshakes are better still
Cherry vanilla
 
You should know by now
This Wisconsin girl can't stop
At three measly lines

I love my children
More than life itself, but I
Won't share my ice cream.

The neighborhood moms
Borrowed my sister to help
Lick the drippy cones.

I'm a purist, though.
Do not mix ice cream and cake,
Even for birthdays.
 
You say no to ice cream, you say no to life.
 
Talenti Gelato.You will think you have died and gone to Heaven. Purchasable at Lunds and other fine merchantiles.
 
Peach trees plus a cow--
I'd make ice cream every night
until my heart stopped

But joyfully I
would clog my coronaries
on my little farm.

Hand cranked peach ice cream
renders so much delight that
"all's right with the world".
 
Coffee Oreo
Or Raspberry Chocolate Chip?
No debate. Have both.
 
Hot dogs and ice cream
from Yum Yum in Greensboro -
the name says it all.
 
Childhood memory:
Painters in North Myrtle Beach -
summer's best ice cream.
 
Baskin Robbins Fudge
Brownie. Chunks of brownie.In
a DISH, never cone.

Have never liked cones.
Ice cream is best in a dish,
eaten with a spoon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#