Wednesday, March 02, 2011

 

My First Podcast!


On Monday, I had a wonderful discussion about creeds with Susan Stabile and a strikingly bright audience of UST folks and community members. For those of you who wonder what my colleagues at St. Thomas are like, give a listen-- Susan's clarity of thought and articulation of principle are both wonderful and not uncommon around here (her New York accent-- that's uncommon).

You can hear the discussion via podcast at this link. Just follow the link, then click on the little circle that says "pod" at the upper left.

Now I need to get ready for my presentations in Richmond later this week, including the sermon for Sunday. I got some great advice this evening from Razorite Scott Davis. It's always good to know the pros when you are faking it as an amateur.

As for the photo, which I took last year... can anyone guess the attenuated relationship it bears to this post?

Comments:
Wish I could drive up to Richmond this weekend but I can't leave Cosby with out a car.

Best of Luck with your activites there.
 
Ooh. I know. I know.

The bridge support beam is pointing directly up through the atmosphere to IPLG's POD in space!
 
Eek! Don't put that on the internet! We don't want people (other than his arch-nemesis, Dee Dee, the Spanish Medievalist, you, Tyd, all the people at the Super Bowl party, Lane, the cast of "Two and a Half Men," and the Denver Broncos) to know where the Pod in Space is!
 
Old tram cable tower, East River, the United Nations building, 59th Street bridge...New York accent.
Have a great time in Richmond!
 
This week's Sermon Brainwave Podcast (#163) from Luther Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota, includes guest commentary from the great preacher Will Willimon. The conversation is devoted entirely to the story of the Transfiguration and worth listening to. My favorite part came when Willimon started talking about a bumper sticker on a pickup truck.
 
Neil-- now that is useful! Thanks!
 
Okay... The photo has been identified. What is the significance?

Completely different topic: What are your thoughts on today's Supreme Court's opinion re the First Ammendment? Personally, I find it to be abhorrent.
 
Its not PMT, but just because I'm intrigued, Anon, what part of today's decision did you find abhorrent? I mean, I find the speech that is being protected repugnant, hateful, and wrong, but the only thing I didn't understand was why this wasn't a 9-0 decision. I guess my question is, do you have a constitutional basis for your disagreement with the decision, or is it purely because you don't like the speech that is being protected?
 
Save it for tomorrow, guys!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#