Thursday, February 24, 2011

 

Political mayhem Thursday: invade?

Should we invade Canada?

Comments:
I think the question should be: why shouldn't we invade Canada. We all know we could occupy it in a week. As the US President (Alan Alda) said in Canadian Bacon, "Surrender her pronto, or we'll level Toronto."
 
I second the motion to invade Canada.
 
Eh!
 
Why?
 
No, just Blame Canada
 
I don't think you're taking political mayhem Thursday seriously anymore.
 
Forgive me if I ignore the topic today. I had my comment already composed: "the situation in Libya points up the frustrating reality that there are dictators and, then, there are dictators.
 
But, lets look at this objectively.

Bad stuff Canada has brought us:

-Celine Dion
-Nickleback
-Michael J. Fox
-Alanis Morissette
-Canadian football (ridiculous)
-French Canada
-Bare Naked Ladies (band, not actual naked ladies, which would not be on this list)
-Patrick Roy (insufferable a-hole)
-Crash Test Dummies (band, not the thing)
-Bands named after awesome things even though the band is actually terrible
-Leonard Cohen (because his music is awful, and yet some hipster is always making me listen to it)
-K.D. Lang (I'm constantly craving to kick her ass)
-Alex Trebek
-Shania Twain
-socialized medicine
-self righteous Canadians

Good things about Canada:

-Neil Young
-Rush
-Hockey
-Mounties
-Steppenwolf
-Brian Adams (I still like "Cuts Like a Knife", and I don't give a rip what you think)
-Pamela Anderson
-John Candy
-Mark Messier
-Bret the Hitman Hart
-Ferguson Jenkins (one of the all-time great Texas Rangers, and a Canadian)
-William Shatner
-curling
-Vancouver
-the Toronto Maple Leafs
-we always have someone to make fun of
-Jennifer Tilly
-The Band
-"O Canada" (maybe the greatest national anthem ever)

I don't know, I feel like all the bad stuff from Canada is far outweighed by the good. I'm saying leave Canada alone.
 
As long as "O Canada!" remains hymn #424 in my church's hymnal, I see no reason to invade (although I sincerely wish that my pastor would finally use as the opening hymn).
 
O'Canada...
You are so cold and huge...
You gave us lots of sports...
Like hockey and the luge....


They gave us Dan Ackroyd too...
 
Waco Farmer, the only logical response to developments in Libya is to take action against its ally to our North-- Canada.
 
Mark,

Now that I think about it, I can see that you are right. Put me down for invasion.
 
Prof. Osler, yeah! Who needs Libyan oil when we can invade Canada, steal their oil and change that crazy cold climate up there, while we're at it. This blog comes up with brilliant stuff.
 
Go into Canada? Voluntarily? No thank you. All the good stuff from Canada can be found in Alaska, and all the bad stuff from Canada needs to stay there.
 
Could be fun
 
It is necessary to test our weapon systems regularly in order to effectively market them to the world. Invading other countries have proven helpful in the past. Canada would be a great target for our newest weapons. We could create serious damage by sending Canada our unregulated health and financial systems. If they are still standing, we could unleash our carbon based energy polices on them. We have a well trained congress ready to act. I would select Scott Walker to command our forces. We have in place the forces to bring down any nation! Lets do it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#