Tuesday, February 08, 2011

 

Hey, Osler-- I live in Chicago, and I am bored!


Dear Bored:

There's something really wrong with you if you can't find anything interesting to do in Chicago. Seriously.

But if you are looking for something at 8 am on Saturday of this week, come hear me speak about the death penalty to the Men's Breakfast at the 4th Presbyterian Church on Michigan Ave. in Chicago. It's that giant church across from Water Tower Place. Apparently, you don't have to be male to come to the men's breakfast, either! If you would like to come, you need to call 312.787.4570 by noon tomorrow to hold a spot.

Other than that, I would recommend roller derby.

Comments:
Roller Derby is alive and strong in Minneapolis!
 
Where?
 
A few years ago, I was in Chicago and after dinner, big beautiful snowflakes started coming down. Some of the best photos from that trip were taken that night at that church.
 
No!
 
My sister-in-law, also the wife of an Episcopal priest, is a roller derby girl in Hawaii. She goes by "Square Peg," and takes a fair ration of harassment for being the priest's wife. If it weren't for the scary road rash (well, and the fact that I can barely walk without tripping), I'd be tempted to join up just for a pseudonym.

Rumor has it (although I haven't studied the bylaws) that in Madison, Wisconsin, you must be *born* female to join the roller derby. Not so in Minneapolis, or so I've heard. There's a law review note just waiting to be written.
 
OMG. The Heckler. Brilliant.

Don't make me throw my gavel at you.
 
Check out Roller Derby in Minneapolis at
www.northstarrollergirls.com/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#