Friday, February 04, 2011

 

Haiku Friday: Art and Dreams


Great art, in whatever form, works like a dream-- it takes us out of our normal world, messes with our perceptions, and leaves us wondering exactly what that meant.

I want people to haiku about either art (in any form) or dreams, or both, if you want. I leave that up to you.

Here is mine:

Simple lines, like Rothko,
In my dream I am walking,
Turn, and start to sing.

And now it is your turn...

Just make it roughly 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables...

Comments:
Van Gogh, sunflowers,
What does he see that I don't?
Yellow, blue and brown.
 
Joan Miro is my
Favorite artist. Wacky
shapes, starts lines and dots.
 
In my dreams, life is
Bold, out-loud, full of passion
Oh, please don't wake me.
 
Last night I dreamt that
Baylor would cancel classes.
So dreams do come true!

As for art, I am content to gaze from my window at the beautifully transformed landscape--painted with snow.
 
No class at Baylor?
I'll bet there is class today
At ol' BLS
 
My favorite art
Does not hang up on a wall:
IPLawguy's belch
 
Sometimes art isn't
Like a dream. Sometimes it is
A dream. Inception.
 
My childhood nightmare-
Sunflowers on tricycles
Chasing as I run.
 
Anon. 8:15, that belching is gross, but what this blog needs is MORE DEE DEE! She is the best character ever, and I want to go to her party.
 
L'art et les rêves,
une autre réalité.
Ceci une pipe, non?
 
Life of the party
Dancing wildly, a great dress
A drink in my hand.
Dee Dee
 
Actually, Dee Dee seems more the type that will make wry comments about the person who is dancing wildly...
 
Walking through the fields
Daisies brushing against me
Slumping down, I sob
 
On a mission trip
With a youth group to Hogwarts?
Yup, recurring dream.
 
Rodin et Monet
Cézanne, Degas, et Manet
C'est l'art que j'adore
 
In my dream I am
reaching for the one I love
and finding him there.
 
Hug, orgasm, birth -
Ecstasy mimics feelings
And in that order.

(dedicated to Osler's Crim Practice Class)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#