Saturday, December 04, 2010

 

Walking in a Winter Wonderland



Yesterday when I got back from Chicago I popped out to do an errand. I was walking down Tenth and turned onto Nicollet Mall. I was listening to my iPod, and just as I made that turn, this song came on the mix. In front of me was the most wonderful scene: The snow coming down, light big fluffy flakes, the street full of people enjoying a Friday afternoon of shopping or visiting, a city worker putting up lights.

It was one of those moments of joy. The song fit just right to the moment, and I sang a little bit out loud (which makes you seem crazy, I know). I sang "I love the way you say good morning," and a woman in a red scarf going the other way, right on beat, sang "and you, you take me the way I am." She smiled back over her shoulder and as I went off I could tell she now was singing the song too.

Don't fear joy.

Comments:
Great song - that's the one Stephanie and I chose for our first dance at our reception. The line about "I'll buy you Rogaine when you start losing all our hair" drew some laughs.
 
It snowed in Durham today. It's beautiful but makes me long for the white sandy beaches of Florida!
 
Ingrid was in Mpls. this fall.
She was wonderful with a great sense of humor.
I enjoy her music even more after meeting her.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#