Monday, December 13, 2010

 

Minnesota Monday: The MegaBlizzard!

This weekend was the biggest blizzard Minnesota has seen since 1991. As most people have heard, the Metrodome's roof even collapsed. On Saturday, I made my way down to the local grocery store in the middle of it, and people seemed unfazed. In fact, there was a band playing at the end of the produce aisle [you can click on any photo to enlarge it]:



Say what you want about Edina; the city has some awesome snow-moving equipment. For example, this thing just gets the snow off of sidewalks:


And this!:



Meanwhile, my outdoor lighting (which is on long stakes) now lights the snow from beneath:



But, there are always cozy places to tuck in to-- I love the light coming out of this shop:


Comments:
Do they have crime in Minnesota? Do they need appellate prosecutors?

I miss winter.
 
Sadly, Lane, the last time a felony was committed in Minnesota was in 1947, when a drunk Wisconsinite wandered across the state line.
 
Would you mind keeping the cold air up there in Minnesota where it belongs with the snow.

I need to find a blog with pictures of beaches and palm trees.
 
Now it looks very cold.
 
Meanwhile, it Texas it was colder today - yesterday was 74, but today only got up to 63. It may come a light freeze tonight. My roses are blooming, the herbs are in fine shape, but the begonias have been a bit frost nipped - not enough to keep them from blossoming.

Ah, the joys of winter! We may even have a fire this evening if it gets cold enough. Haven't had to run the AC in several days.

Did my time in snow country - had sense enough to leave as soon as I could escape.

Lee

Yep, it got down to 34 last night - today is sunny and will be about 60. Frost nipped my thyme a bit - need to put the pot against the house...
 
Love your pictures! They make the snow feel warm. :)
 
Day 11 ... the snow posts continue
 
I think they must have snow on the ground 265 days of the year.



Perhaps the Prof. needs to visit the space pod and visit with Pickles.
 
I think I'd be living in Breadsmith. It looks wonderful. It looks like the kind of place that has free wireless, too.
 
Anybody seen The Sweet Hereafter? Don't know why I think it must have been set in Minnesota. I'm pretty sure there must be some criminal undercurrent lurking out there in winter wonderland. Watch out Prof!
 
Hello, Fargo was set in Minnesota!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#