Friday, December 17, 2010

 

Haiku Friday: Love


Advent is a time of reflection and waiting, and one thing I reflected on today was the nature of love.

There are a lot of different kinds of love, of course-- between parents and children, between lovers, between friends. Specifically, I was remembering the true bond of love that tied me together in vocation and mission with two other teachers-- Hulitt Gloer and Randall O'Brien. Those of you who took our Oral Advocacy class may recognize what I mean by that.

All love, if it is love, has this in common: It motivates you to give someone you love what they need or desire. Importantly, what you give might not be what you want to give; the gift is defined by need, not availability. Sacrifice is a part of love, and draws you closer to those you love.

This is a good season to haiku about love, in any form or type. Here is mine:

After his stroke, we
Reached further for his hand
When we three prayed.

Now it is your turn...

Comments:
I loved that class
Sat back in the last row, so
No one could see tears.
 
Love has come this year!
In the St. Nick of time my
Christmas wish came true.

Deleriously
Happy for my dear, dear friend,
No one more deserving.
 
My little Greg'ry
From a bundle of joy to
A piece of raw nerve
 
Love lost, is that good?
People say so, but I don't.
Hurts too bad, too long.
 
Splendor and heartbreak
Love builds you up, tears you down
But always fleeting.
 
A sister's love grows
through the young bickering years,
steadfast until death.
 
Long before you know,
Heart has been broken again,
Rebuilding again.
 
A glance, a word, or
perhaps a perfectly timed
touch that says, I'm here.
 
I love Spencer and
Bill & many dear, dear friends.
Love is everything.


I think this video about covers it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oH3Fx3d2g&feature=related
 
OOPS ACTUALLY THIS IS THE BETTER VERSION with better pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnDXRJ7btE&feature=related
 
A cold, wet, black snoot
nuzzles into my warm neck
I pet his soft ears


~*~*~*~*
Lap, Lap, Lap, Lap, Lap
Gritty sand beneath my toes
Taste the ocean near

~*~*~*~
Unmistakable
Olives pierced by a toothpick
Slight burn of the throat


~*~*~*
His liquid brown eyes
Heart beating faster, flutter
Together for life
 
Sixty years today
Wed in 1950
Congratulations!

I've learned to love
My parents have shown the way
Give and take is how

Always look for good
Let go of irritations
Unconditional

LOVE
 
She doubted; him said
"I'll love you for all my life"
He died, young, but right
 
Time passes fast/slow
in love, trembling, tasting...then
to the moon above.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#