Monday, August 30, 2010

 

Pickles not welcome in Edina


As I recently explained, my unfortunate ankle injury was caused by a cat named Pickles who grabbed my leg while I was playing volleyball some 200 miles north of here.

I'm happy to report that my new hometown has strict regulations against demon cats like Pickles. Edina has extremely detailed animal rules which not only prohibit the raising of chickens (darn!), but severely limit cat misbehavior and freedom. Among the rules that came with my "welcome packet" we find this:

City ordinance does prohibit any animal, including cats, from running at large. A cat that damages or defiles property; creates noise, odor, or other problems; or molests animals or people may be declared a public nuisance.

Man, they have it out for cats! Not just the kind that molest people (like Pickles), but even those who molest other animals. Molesting animals seems to be a favorite pastime of cats, so that will be a tough one to swallow if Pickles meanders this way. Moreover, what cat doesn't produce odor or noise? Some kind of mutant or robot cat? Hmmm. "Running at large" also seems to be a habit of cats I've known...

I'm feeling safer already.

Comments:
You stole our cat.

Please send her back to Durham where she can roam freely with out edicts from the town council and befriend the free roaming chickens and roosters. She is affectinately known as YT; aka Whitey; aka Yvonne Teressa and apparently aka Pickles.
 
You can see Pickles' hand reaching out threateningly in this photo.
 
Given our roaming herds of cats here in Waco, I can only assume you moved to the anti-Waco.
 
Cut Pickles a break! She made a few questionable choices but has a good heart. Edina would be a much better place with her and her spirited personality there. And, the laws/regs seem a bit discriminatory.
 
MmmmPcikles. Wish I had some homemade ones. I did not make any this year because the cucumbers were so late. Bummer.
 
Whoever is reading "The Name of the Wind" is my new hero.

Patrick's releasing Book 2 soon, and I am sickeningly excited to read it. It was one of my favorite books of 2008 (I read it a year late).
 
Also, my cats Molly and Luna severely disapprove of any attempt to limit feline freedom, and promise to water the scratching post of liberty with the blood of tyrants just as soon as they pull themselves away from chasing fake mice around and fighting with each other.
 
Tyd - contact me @ ctswanson@yahoo and I can arrange to get you some pickles. We had a bumper crop.
 
I am forming a plan. A pro-cat lobby in Edina. Oh yeah.

And now I need to go eat some pickles. I heart me some pickles.
 
YOu know who LOVES PICKLES??? OMG IPLAW! I sent him some that I made last year and he loved them. I warned him that it was the first time I had ever made them and he said he did not care. No one died noting exploded. so I think they were okay!
 
Ginger,

The baby bird and bunny lobby is very strong in Edina, so it could be an uphill fight.
 
Anonymous 3:19, that's what they told Thomas Jefferson.

I actually have no idea what they told Thomas Jefferson, but them bunnies going down. >:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#