Monday, August 09, 2010

 

The last night


Last week, the movers came to clean out my house. Apparently, movers have some strict rules. For example, they will not transport batteries, alcohol, or fireworks.

Somehow, it didn't seem right to just throw out those boxes of alcohol and fireworks. There wasn't that much of either; I'm not a big drinker, and my fireworks habit is seasonal.

In the end, I passed them out to some friends in the parking lot of George's bar after a nice dinner there. So that was one of my last acts in Waco-- passing out fireworks and open containers of alcohol out of my trunk. It fit, in a good way. One of the best things about Waco is the egalitarian nature of a place like George's where all parts of Waco come through and enjoy it. I'll miss that place, but miss that spirit more.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#