Wednesday, July 14, 2010

 

Today's activity


This morning I am giving a talk at the Methodist Children's Home here in Waco. I regret to say that this is the first time I have been there in my ten years here in Waco.

This will be my third presentation in a year to social workers, a group of people I am deeply indebted to for doing a job I am not capable of. They are the people who deal with the worst bureaucracies, who care for the dying, who help struggling children, and who help those who cannot help themselves in an amazing variety of ways. They are people with big hearts, and often I find they are people who live much closer to the teachings of Christ than I do.

I'm not sure why it is, but many of the people and places I most admire in Waco are making themselves known in these last few weeks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#