Friday, June 25, 2010

 

Haiku Friday: Razor Party July 24...


My old friend IPLawGuy will be here in Waco the third week of July. On Thursday and Friday of that week we will be out in West Texas, but on Saturday the 24th, I think we should have a party-- kind of a going-away party.

I'd love your input on what that party should be like. Just try to put your suggestions into haiku.

I.e.--

For our sake, Osler,
Buy some decent beer this time
Not Old Milwaukee!

I'm open to suggestions on where to have it, bands, etc. One feature I would love is a live debate between RRL and Lane.

Give me your best shot!

Comments:
If you have a band
And they rock it out good
I will play my oboe.
 
If you hire a band
Don't get that Swedish one again
I hate "Dancing Queen."
 
Don't want to say bye
Can't we sing and dance all night?
Don't want you to leave!
 
Where to have this thing?
How about Baylor Law School?
Always good times there.
 
Osler, is that Mark P. and Loryn H. in the photo? I was at that party.
 
A silly question
The Official Razor Band:
Del Crandalls, of course!
 
IPLG knows
That the Del Crandalls don't leave
Naugatuck too much.
 
Togas optional?
Do keys go in the fishbowl?
What kind of party...?
 
Who would really know
If the Del Crandalls on stage
were original band?
 
Hire a DJ, and
spend the band fund on lotsa
jello shots. Indeed.
 
PANDA SUIT!!!!

-Brennan
 
Osler's final bash
Moving to Lake Wobegon
Invite Ted Nugent

Food and libations?
Beer and Texas BBQ
Have some Tex-Mex too
 
Rather than a debate, I think RRL and I should face off in the only way Texans are still allowed to legally duel, a chili cook-off (note: barbecue brisket may be substitued as the contest, but as I do not know if RRL owns a proper offset smoker, I will be fair and acquiesce to chili).
 
Lane, I am ok with that.
 
Will the chili cooks dress in Panda suits or only the judge?
 
In proper haiku:

Yeah, that's what we need
More RRL grandstanding
Bye-bye party fun.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#