Monday, May 24, 2010

 

Washington and Hearne

Yesterday's talk at New York Ave. Presbyterian Church in DC was a wonderful adventure. I loved the church and the audience. During worship service, they graciously asked me to sit in Lincoln's pew, which was a strangely moving experience. I think that, and the sincerity of the service itself, helped me to amp up the lecture a notch.

In more local news, Julie Hays at KWTX-TV has put together a great two-part series about the Hearne case which served as the basis for the movie American Violet. The series will run on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week at 10 pm on Channel 10 in Waco. Here is one of the promo spots for the series:


Comments:
We saw Part 1 last night. Nicely done! I didn't know you hadn't actually met the young lady at the center of the story ... she wasn't in Hearne for the premiere?
Bob
 
Bob--

She was... but I didn't meet her! I was busy with the students who came with us...
 
As I live in Hearne, I know all too well, about John Paschall and his "dealings". We all pray that someday soon, someone will run against, and BEAT him. However, Ms. Kelly isn't quite the innocent victim she is portraying. She has a criminal record in Brazos County and several arrest in Hearne. Even if she is "innocent" of the Hearne drug sweep portrayed in the movie, she still has a history. That isn't even mentioned in the movie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#