Monday, May 17, 2010

 

Sand Study #1

Some people liked my last abstract photos (Steel Studies); other people hated it. I'll see if this works better:



I suppose it is time to stop obsessing over the Supreme Court, but it just fascinates me right now. I wrote an editorial about it for the Dallas Morning News, which now has attracted the usual raft of angry commenters. (what is it about newspaper sites which seems to invite that?)

Then, last night I had a lot of fun talking about the Supreme Court on WNUR in Chicago. The hosts of the program, Eric and Jenna, seemed genuinely interested in the issue and gave it lots of time. Plus, my sister got to hear it! There is something very fun about that.

Comments:
Very nice editorial.

Just a thought on the Kagan nomination. We know that Ruth Bader-Ginsberg will also retire soon - she has indicated such. Perhaps President Obama feels it is easier to get Kagan through the Senate with its current make up. And after the fall elections it will be easier to get a protestant through the process?

I like the abstract study in sand. Wouldn't it make a wicked jig saw puzzle?

I read the on-line comments on the St Pete Times quite frequently. I almost feel it is a disservice that the newspaper offers this 'comment' option. I rarely read anything meaningful inthe comments. I have so often read nastiness that just shakes my faith in the human race. Comments like 'The guy who caused the wreck deserved to die, etc...' Hate and vitriol. It is also (at least in St. pete) the same people posting all the time.
 
Great picture. Is it really sand?
 
Yes, I like abstraction . . .
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#