Wednesday, May 19, 2010

 

Osler Upgrade Options

As many of you know (I hope), I am constantly trying to improve my craft of teaching. While most often that involves honing my technique and trying new innovations, sometimes it also means making an equipment upgrade. I am currently pondering some new equipment. Specifically, I will probably invest in one of the two items listed below, and seek your opinion as to which would be a better choice.

1) Panda Costume
Cost: $199

The panda suit would benefit my teaching in many ways. First, I could get Brennan to wear it for his appearances in Appeals and Habeas as Successive Petition Panda, the bad-news bear who explains the many hurdles created by the Anti-terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act (AEDPA). Second, I could wear it to graduation and just kind of stand in the back to make everyone nervous. Finally, it could be useful in those videos I have been working on.

2) Electro-Harmonix Voice Box Harmony Machine and Vocoder
Cost: $214.50
8 A.M. lectures will never be the same once I start sounding like T-Pain! And just imagine with me for a moment what I could do with the ability to begin my high-school commencement address later in the month with "Shawty!" with full glissando and reverb.

So, which should I pick?

Comments:
Get the voice box. But be careful not to glissando until you have crossed into international waters.
 
I will now type words that are probably illegal in 48 states:

The vocoder is less creepy than the panda costume.
 
If we choose you as commencement speaker and all chip in, would you get both?

Please?
 
PANDA SUIT. I was very disappointed to see you dressed as a human for graduation.
 
Walker and I vote for the panda suit but Walker is upset you didn't give him a shout out for it.

I have no problem wearing it so long as we can get a picture of me in the suit with the gummy bear and at the bear pit.

-Brennan
 
Panda suit!
 
The Panda costume is Awsomeness personified
 
There is something deeply troubling about the way that panda is holding his arms limply at his sides, like he is about to be executed by a firing squad.
 
You should know John Brennan is trying to taint the democratic process by texting people and telling them to vote panda.
 
You should know that Jess Phelps cares more about the presents than the visitors at the wedding...


Brennan
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#