Wednesday, April 28, 2010

 

Tomorrow Morning on KWBU-FM


In the morning, I will be joining Brodie Bashaw and Derek Smith on KWBU, 103.3-FM, for their spring pledge drive. There is a certain sadness and urgency hanging over the pledge drive this year, as it was just announced that Waco is losing its public television station because of a lack of funding. Donations are down at our public radio station, too, so I'm going to urge people to call (254) 710-7444 to make sure that doesn't happen to 103.3, as well.

As an added bonus, Prof. Larry Bates is kicking in $500 as a matching grant, so if we can raise that much, there will be $500 less for Bates to spend on, you know, other stuff. Which might be good. Well, unless it is the excellent beer he brings over to my house. I want him to still be able to afford that.

Also, if we don't raise $2.3 million between 7 and 9 a.m., I will move to Minnesota. Seriously, I will. This isn't some Alec Baldwin thing...

Comments:
Man are you ever gonna look foolish when that Nigerian guy comes through with my 4 million dollar transaction fee and I meet that donation goal.
 
That's what happended to the public TV station, JT. They were banking on getting that $2.7,000,000 ATM card from the FBI, and it never came through.
 
What are you doing in that photo? You look happy.
 
If you raise half of the amount, do you get move to Costa Rica with Rush?
Bob
 
Save the clock tower!

Seriously, I'll contribute because I'm a Baylor Law alumnus and it kept me (relatively) sane when I was there.
 
Anon. 6:38--
Really? I thought he looked a little spooky or maybe desirous in that photo.
 
Wait...so if you do raise $2.3 million will you stay? Because I'd donate towards that!
 
If I donate $10 to KWBU do you think they'd be willing to give me a 10 minute radio show called "Moonlight Delight with WK"?
 
I think I'd be willing to kick in if there was a panda suit at graduation...I'm not kidding, get in the suit.
 
He's throwing up a little in his mouth
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#