Tuesday, March 16, 2010

 

A Starr interview

A commenter to the last post pointed me to this intriguing interview with incoming Baylor President Kenneth Starr (whom I have already discussed here). Repeatedly, he suggests that he needs to get the lay of the land before staking out positions on hot topics at Baylor, and that seems the only prudent course.

Meanwhile, I got to play Ken Starr over at CNN today, commenting on the Supreme Court's consideration of the Graham and Sullivan cases, which involve the constitutionality of imprisoning juvenile offenders to life without the possibility of parole. It was a lot of fun-- though it was a jolt to watch the monitor and find that I was following Jeffrey Toobin. They did give me about 4 minutes to state my case, which was great, though doing live TV for hundreds of thousands of people is somewhat jarring. After that, I had a photo shoot at the Dallas Morning News.

Then, I came home, taught class, graded finals, and did laundry. I'm better at sentencing than laundry.

Comments:
I see a parallel between the laundry and your interview this morning. Laundry does get an opportunity to be "rehabilitated" as should juvenile offenders. You made great points in the segment - what an honor to be asked to speak to the importance of the upcomng SC decision.
 
I'm a Baylor alum, and I've got something Ken Starr can get to workin' on post-haste. I think it's relatively uncontroversial: we've got this giant embarrassment to the law school sitting right out front. And no, it's not Bates' car. It's that damned bear, Spirit Walker. Someone ship that thing back to Arizona and get working on moving the actual bear cage over to the law school. Every day, Powell and Wren should sacrifice a 1L to the Artios, Bear God of the Celts, for prosperity and the grain harvest.
 
Will the interview be on CNN's website?
 
Ah yes, Spirit Walker, the giant gummi-bear/false idol thing with green rot, rust, and hyroglyphics on its gut. The Noze Brothers' enhancement of Spirit Walker was one of the more memorable moments of my Baylor Law experience.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#