Monday, February 15, 2010

 

This week

In addition to my classes (and so far they have been a lot of fun), I have three events this week:

1) American Violet showing on Tuesday, April 16


The Waco Community Race Relations Coalition will be showing American Violet at the Texas Life Annex building, 1000 Washington St. in Waco, on Tuesday, Feb. 16, from 5:30-8:30, including discussion with myself and some others. Dinner will be served! If you would like to come, please call Jo Welter at 836-4599 and make a reservation. (You can check out some reviews here).

2) Federal Panel CLE in El Paso, on Thursday, Feb. 18

Next up, on Thursday, I will be giving a talk on immigration sentencing issues to the federal criminal bar in El Paso, which I find to be a fascinating town.

3) The Texas Coalition Against the Death Penalty 2010 Conference on Saturday, February 20

Finally, on Saturday I will be addressing the TCADP at their annual conference in Dallas. I will be on a panel moderated by Michael Landauer, editor of the Dallas Morning News, along with Richard Dieter, Executive Director of the Death Penalty Information Center and Linda White of Murder Victims’ Families for Reconciliation. Linda and I testified together last June in Congress, and she is someone I greatly admire. If you would like to come to the conference, it is open to all-- simply register here.

Comments:
April?
 
i love el paso. born and raised there (although i did spend a lot of time across the border in Ciudad Juarez, with my grandparents). immigration issues are quite a sensitive topic there, since about 80 percent of the population is hispanic. i think that's the number. well i hope your visit is pleasant. whatever anyone tells you, do NOT go to Chico's tacos. i repeat, DO NOT GO TO CHICO'S TACOS. but feel free to take more pictures of hilarious made-in-china toys.
 
Ok, got it-- go to Chico's tacos. I'll make a note of it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#