Friday, January 15, 2010

 

Hairball Haiku Friday!



Today is the first Haiku Friday focused on the treasures found in the Mayborn Museum's curiosity cabinets. This important program was initiated by Dr. Blaine McCormick, a noted author, and poet. Each week, he and I will offer haikus on an object from the curiosity cabinets, and then invite your own haikus.

This week: Hairballs from the stomachs of buffalo and cows.

Here is Dr. McCormick's:

Three hair concretions
Trichobezoar masterworks
Bovine lingual art


and mine:

Vaguely familiar...
Oh, yes! McHairball Snack Wrap
McDonald's drive-thru!


Now, it is your turn...

Comments:
Buffalo Bill or
Hairball Casanova- both
Curiosities!
 
Hairballs and haiku
The perfect combination!
Who would have guessed it?
 
Can you see hairbslls?
I can see two orbs, astride...
Well, those are two balls.
 
Now I have learned that
Buffaloes clean themselves just
As cats clean themselves.
 
Eww, ick, nasty, yuck
No, blech, blah, urg, yucky, awful
Gross, vomit and die.
 
Winter weighs too much.
To Osler seeking relief.
Found -- three stone hair balls.
 
you'll find in stomach
hairball from the buffalo
spicy hairless wings!
 
My uncle made hairballs
From many animal types
Scary weirdo, him.
 
Hairballhairbloghair
I have long wondered about
Osler's hairball blog.
 
Petrified hairballs
I see 2 eyes and a nose
Buffalo not found

never in my life did I think I would try to haiku about bovine hairballs - yuck!

AZ - last week I saw a deer preen one of my cats. I suspect this means deer can also create hairballs?
 
Deer licking the cat?
That's worse than hairball photos.
What if they have kids?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#