Friday, January 22, 2010

 

Haiku Friday: Pig Made of Confederate Money



Today we continue our series of haikus inspired by the curiosities found at Baylor's Mayborn Museum, joined by our good friend, Dr. Blaine McCormick. I woke up yesterday just in time to hear one of Blaine's pieces on Benjamin Franklin on our local public radio station, KWBU. For what it is worth, I will be spending this Monday 6-9 am at KWBU, helping them on-air with the pledge drive.

This week's curiosity is a pig made out of confederate money.

Here is Professor McCormick's haiku:

It's tragic to have
Two grand in your piggy bank
That you can't withdraw

And mine:

Hey, Confederates--
What was your money made of?
Gooey pinkish ick?

Now it is your turn!

Comments:
I know this is bad
But doesn't that pig look just
Like Haley Barbour?
 
A pig made of Spam,
How appropriate it is,
Not money at all.
 
The brutal despair
Of confederate widow
Reduced to this.
 
oh, what do I see
When I look at this piggie
Pulled pork barbeque
 
Hey, I know that pig!
He graduated from ol'
Texas A & M!
 
Pork from worthless coins!
There's a metaphor in there...
I just can't find it.
 
The shape of a pig
Function creating the form;
Thing of great beauty.
 
Their money was pink?
Confederate money was
Spam! It all makes sense!
 
I came to impress.
But as Gomer demonstrates,
I have no prowess.
 
Said, "God save the South!"
But Sherman marched to the sea,
brought home the bacon.
 
There is a sadness
To art made from dead cultures,
Misshapen and cold.
 
The South would rise 'gin
But Bubba cooked up some ribs
Now we sleep, mmhmm
 
Don't stop posting such themes. I love to read articles like that. BTW add more pics :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#