Thursday, December 24, 2009

 

Finding old friends in familiar places

One of the dear friends I left behind in Michigan is Scott Davis, who is now found occasionally in the comments section of the Razor. He is presently the minister at a large suburban church, where he is well loved by his congregation and community.

Scott is a remarkable man. He is a graduate of Yale Divinity School, and I was on the committee that hired him as a minister at my church here in Grosse Pointe. When he came to Michigan as a young pastor he did a fantastic job in a frequently difficult situation. I really admired his work, every week, and treasure his friendship. He is liturgically conservative, and often challenged my thinking in a very positive way, all while being extremely supportive of me personally.

Keeping all this in mind, I stopped by his house tonight to drop off a card wishing him a merry Christmas and true joy in the New Year.

Then, since it didn't seem that he was home, I TP'd his house:


Comments:
Devil's Night was 2 months ago!
 
Hey, it's Detroit-- every night is Devil's Night!
 
LOL
 
YOu did not!!!! HASHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hey ready for this? Tell your Brother Will that Bill? My husband? he got Spencer a DRUM SET for Christmas, among other things. OMG. HAHAHAHAh

The loudest 5 year old in America just got a little louder. Happy new year and Merry Christmas, Mark! PS GInger and I exchanged presents. I got her a pr of keens but get this She got me a LEOPARD SNUGGIE!!! HAHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!!!
 
How appropriate for the Christmas spirit! Did you see any shepherds or wise men around?
 
Wise shepards brought their coyotes to GP
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#