Tuesday, December 08, 2009

 

About Last Night...


I don't know about you guys, but I had a great time last night. By my count, about 135 people came to the lecture on "Crackheads, Senators, Money, and Power," thanks to the efforts of the NAACP and the Federalist Society. It was wonderful to have so many undergrads over at the Law School, to get a taste of what we do here. There were also people from the community, which is a great thing. And my dad. I hope I lived up to the great opportunity I was given.

Sometimes, intellectual life presents you with ideas that are like a song in your heart that you just have to put out there, and this was one of those times for me. I'm really grateful for the people who made it possible.

Comments:
Great lecture!!! I have seen you speak on many occasions--and I have heard this particular story in part several times--but last night was a cut above. I am glad your dad was there. It was a tour de force.
 
Did you wear the same tie?
 
IPLG-- No, I wore a red-and-blue striped tie. I wish I liked green and gold better!
 
Go GPN! - Wear the green and gold!
 
This is my first time commenting on this blog, but I agree with other posts that the lecture was great and I was glad I could help publicize it--although I can't take much credit for the turnout given my failure to get the announcement posted on the new law school monitors.

Given the treatment during the lecture about failures of the war on drugs, I wondered about comparisons to the effects of failures of the war on poverty. Or does one's perspective of this issue depend more on ideology?
 
Kendall--

I think it is fair to say that big government failed at both tasks.
 
Is the video of this available on youtube or similar?
 
David- there was no video. :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#