Tuesday, October 13, 2009

 

To Austin... and Beyond! An Update.



October and November will be jam packed with fun for me, as I will have the opportunity to try some new things in Austin (shown above) and other exciting locales. Here is the schedule at the moment:

Sunday, October 18, 5 pm, First Presbyterian Church, Waco (11th & Austin)
This will be a lecture on "Jesus Christ, Defendant," and is free and open to the public.

Tuesday, November 3, 6 pm, Kayser Auditorium, Baylor School of Business
In what may be the strangest of these appearances, I will be participating in a dramatic reading of David Mamet's adaptation of The Voysey Inheritance as part of the Business School's Dale P. Jones Business Ethics Forum.

Thursday, November 5, 2:30 pm, Federal Courthouse, Austin, Texas
I'll be leading an ethics seminar for federal defense lawyers on "Dealing with Prosecutorial Misconduct."

Monday, November 16, Harvard Law School
The Harvard NAACP is sponsoring my talk on "Crackheads, Senators, Money, and Power: A Social and Legal History of Crack Cocaine."

Wednesday, November 18, Travis County Women Lawyer's Assoc., Austin
This will be a lunchtime talk on "Capital Punishment and Faith."

Thursday, November 19, Federal Courthouse, San Antonio, Texas
This is another ethics seminar for federal defense lawyers on "Dealing with Prosecutorial Misconduct."


Then, I'll take a nap.

Comments:
sir, you are ridiculous. you forgot to include protecting the world from lex luthor on your list.
 
I agree with TJ. This is getting' ridiculous. My god, man, when do you sleep!?
Bob
 
Also, your blog's clock is wrong -- it's actually an hour EARLIER than what the post times indicate.
 
Most impressive. I didn't know that the Crimson would allow an Eli on campus.
 
It bothers me that the Austin city flag apparently includes the symbol of the British oppressors.
 
Can I go with you?
 
Maybe Chet Garner can answer the flag question.

The video makes me really miss Austin.
 
Austin if full of hippies, and frankly the hippies could use some oppressing, even from the British.
 
Mamet uses the F word a lot!! Get ready. That should be fun.
 
They love the F-word in Austin, too. You should use in your talk there, too.
 
I'll buy you lunch in San Antonio if you are interested.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#