Monday, October 19, 2009

 

Report on the Presbyterians


Yesterday's talk at the First Presbyterian church here in Waco went very well, thank you. I tried something different this time in talking about my book-- I ditched the powerpoint and my notes and just spoke extemporaneously. It worked, I think. There was a good flow to the conversation and even a lot of laughing (which is unusual when you talk about the death penalty). There was a relatively large crowd, I was told, and they were warm, engaged, and very hospitable, which made everything better. It seems like a great church.

Comments:
Have spoken / taught in front of large groups I find it is nice to fly blind. Sometimes the conversations go unexpected places and the outcome is usually as informative (if not more). Powerpoint presentations have their place but you never truly engage with your audience.
 
Presbyterians are my people . . . glad it went so well!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#