Friday, October 16, 2009

 

Haiku Friday: Siblings


Yesterday was my sister's birthday. I called and asked what she wanted, and the answer was... ice hockey skates. Hmmm. I figured roller derby would be enough violence for her current life, but who knows?

Haiku today about a sibling. If you don't have a sibling, you can borrow one for today. Here is mine:

She built a koi pond
And now she wants skates; all this--
A life lived full.

Now it is your turn. For you haiku novices, the first line should be 5 syllables, the second line 7 syllables, and the third line is 5.

Should I have a prize this week?

Comments:
O bro, where art thou?
We used to play games all day
Life's toll is starting.
 
Lil Tatianna
Scared of many of her toys
And also of me.
 
I know a dancer
Who'll tell you: be what you are
He's seven years old.
 
Aliens took him
Apparently; on return
He was sillier.
 
I know you're struggling
I'm home in a year to help
I love you, big bro
 
The day you were born
I was only five, but still
Can see those little hands.
 
Brothers piss me off
First one, then the other one
But they're family
 
My brother is a
hammock loving parrothead...
5 o'clock somewhere?
 
Siblings? Hey, Osler--
Didn't you hear? Today is
Bosses day! Woo hoo!
 
youth was excess
little sis followed my lead
fun but dangerous
 
Don't have a brother
Parents say I'm the only
'Cause I blew him up.
 
Tito, Nico, Poo
Jean-Claude Malk Equiveleaux
My brothers are strange!
 
Coco Two's my bro
Floppy, hoppy Puffalump
He's more lump than puff
 
"The Boys": my brothers
Not much older, yet a gulf
Gender divides...still
 
Brother, where art thou?
I thought we had made up, but no?
What's next - funeral?
 
Brother and sister
Build separate tents with sheets
Who will babe live with?
 
Crayon Chuckle Charlies,
Stovepipe, Barky: Lego legions
at his command.

-Trans sister
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#