Wednesday, September 02, 2009

 

Nice Mansion, DBA!



Yesterday, I spoke to members of the Dallas Bar Association for one of their monthly lunch meetings, along with Judge Ed Kinkeade and an SMU law professor. I really enjoyed it; the audience was great, and I think that my talk (about professionalism) went well. The words I used included:

Amoral
Alienated
Fleeing
The
Tossed

It was my first trip ever to the Belo Mansion (pictured above), which is the headquarters of the Dallas Bar. It's an incredible place, right in the middle of the Arts District. It is an amazing resource, and it was an honor to get to speak there.

My other principle observation: We are lucky to have Judge Kinkeade teaching at Baylor.

Comments:
Have they considered selling the mansion, moving into cheap office space, digitizing the books in order to save money and give the proceeds to a legal aid program?
 
No, because they aren't hippies.
 
The trouble with Radical Republicans like RRL is that you never know when they're kidding. He might really believe that.
Bob
 
The problem with Bob is that he thinks I'm a radical Republican, and he is probably a hippie. So, that is really two problems.

Yes, I was making a joke.

However, I also don't like hippies. I think I've made that clear. But it isn't because they are clueless liberals (though that is a problem), it is because they are smelly and don't contribute to society. And because they've kept Phish, Widespread Panic, String Cheese Incident, and a host of other terrible bands popular for far too long. They must be stopped.
 
No, RRL, the only problem with Bob is that he capitalized the word "radical" improperly. He also signed his name without a proper signature. Here is an example of what his comment should have been:

"Truly, the trouble with radical Republicans such as those named RRL is that you never know when they are kidding. He may really believe that drug-addicted persons are non-beneficial to modern society.

Sincerely,

Robert"
 
Osler, if you had let me know you were coming to speak, I would have come out for my hour of CLE ethics! My superivsors were there nonetheless.
 
D ADA--

Oops! Shoulda put that on the Razor BEFORE the speech.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#