Tuesday, September 29, 2009

 

Hey! That went ok...



My three-hour presentation this afternoon to the school of social work and Waco's social work community went pretty well, I think. The first hour was about ethics, principles, and art; the second hour was about negotiation; and the third hour was about pandas.

I was very much impressed by the audience, composed of people I greatly admire. Social workers do the good work of holding families, communities, and individual lives together, and few people go into that vocation for the money. They made for a wonderful audience that often surprised me and impressed me with their reactions to what I had to say, and in the end it was three hours very well spent (at least for me).

Comments:
I never appreciated the work social workers do out in the field until I took my first family law case. These people really do give a whole lot of themselves out there. The work is emotionally draining. These people must truly have a higher calling. God bless them.
 
Glad the talk went well. What was the panda part?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#