Wednesday, September 09, 2009

 

Charity Auction Items


A friend called tonight to solicit items for a charity auction. It's an enterprise that perhaps I should not return to, given what happened last time.

Several years ago, a local member of the federal judiciary and I, in league with some others, organized an event called the "City Breakfast." What that was all about I won't go into here, but suffice it to say that many rollicking good times were had. As part of the last City Breakfast, we had a silent auction which included the following items:



Item Three: Amazing Dollar General Gift Basket!


Nothing says "I'm addicted to meth" quite like regular appearances at the Dollar General store, but that doesn't mean you need methamphetamine to appreciate real value! This amazing selection will shock and appall you and serve as the basis for years of re-gifting between friends.


Item Seven: A CD of Really Lewd and Obscene Songs


Tired of songs about love and going to France on a boat, etc.? Ever desire more misogynistic music with horrifying lyrics about "ho's?" Have your parents overstayed their welcome as houseguests? Then this CD is for you!


There were others, which I won't describe further here, including a "mystery box" and an evening out with Bates and I. Perhaps not surprisingly, the latter of these was purchased by a sociology professor (really), perhaps for professional purposes.

Comments:
You know, I bought some of those items when I was there. I think I got a basket of hotel shampoo and skin cream or something.
 
Sorry, Osler! However, I did think my "Truth or Dare"-themed cocktail party was a good idea!
DHM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#