Friday, August 14, 2009

 

Haiku Friday: Out of the woods



The picture above is my dad fishing off of Osler Island [enlarge the photo by clicking on it]. I love that view-- you can stand on the shore and see for miles, and there is no sign of man, just wilderness and still water.

Sadly, it is always hard to come back. There is such a welter of expectations and demands and pressures that always take me by surprise, somehow, and I feel a little dazed. Admittedly, this is a cost of the life I have created for myself, and part of the full life I do enjoy.

The end of vacation is bittersweet, then. Let's blog about those places we have been. [for what it is worth, I wrote a bunch of junky poems again this year, and will post them starting tomorrow]

Here is mine:

For thirty-eight years
I've re-born on these waters
Big lake, my true heart.

Now it is your turn...

Comments:
Went to the beach house
Walked far at dusk, to roam
The edge of known world.
 
A vacation's end
Sad but not the same as a
Misunderstanding.
 
Destin Florida
Blue Mountain Beach obstacles
Never going back.
 
Went with family:
Discount Lion Safari!
Lion ate my children.
 
Homer-- bad call, man.
 
Time and tide, they rise.
Daybreak submits to sunset,
farewell Bainbridge Isle.
 
HERE'S ONE I POSTED LAST WEDNESDAY ON MY BLOG:

Though I just left her,
I still miss the Big Easy:
Her sights sounds & tastes ...

http://wonsandzeros.blogspot.com/2009/08/hump-day-haiku.html
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
What's a Vacation?
I just want this year to end.
Not sad, just so tired.

There IS a light at
the end of this 2 year long
tunnel. Soon I hope.

IPLAW! Your pickles
I am sending them today
I hope you like them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#