Monday, August 24, 2009

 

The first day

Today is the first day of classes at Baylor Law. I will have two class sessions-- White Collar Crime and Criminal Practice.

On the first and last days of a quarter, I like to set the frame for the rest of what I do, much of which is teaching doctrine and rules. In White Collar Crime, I will be talking about Al Capone, and how he represented a momentous shift in what crime can be, in a way that affects the prosecution of white collar crime today. In Criminal Practice, I will be using Susan Glaspell's play Trifles to frame things. In both instances, it will be a fun day, and a meaningful one.

Comments:
Good Luck!

If you need a field trip for your White Collar Crime class - Bernie Madoff and Randy Duke Cunningham are both staying in Butner, NC. I'm sure they would love visitors.
 
PC has been fun so far.
-Brennan
 
Hated missing your first day of class. Hope you and Susan Glaspell had fun without me!!
 
My dad was a prison MD in that place where Bernie is right now. Scary. I said Dad isn't it scary to work in a prison? He said no all the patients are chained to the beds.

Oh.
 
Tyd,
Brand spanking, new prison in Butner. It opened last year. it is a step up in security from 'Club Fed' but definitely not Alcatraz. There area couple other facilities over in Butner that may involve chaining inmates to the bed, but I don't think this is the facility.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#