Saturday, August 01, 2009

 

Ask IPLawnGuy!


Summer can be the hardest time of all for proper lawn care. Today, I will be addressing some of the most common issues homeowners face when they consider proper care of their lawn.

IPLawnGuy, what type of grass should I plant?


The right type of grass for your region is essential. Bluegrass varieties, for example, do not flourish where there is extended periods over 100 degrees. One variety that does well in many different environments is marijuana. I have planted my entire back yard with this variety, and it has brought me years of pleasure.

Is there a particular pattern I should use when mowing?


Yes. Too many people mow in a back-and-forth pattern, which develops grooves which can damage the grass. A better method is to just go around at random. If you have trouble doing this, it may help to close your eyes. Also, it is crucial to run as fast as you can, to help avoid creating those grooves or crushing the grass unduly.

Should I be fertilizing my lawn in any special way?


Remember, grass is a natural part of the environment. In the wild, it is nourished by nearby animals. At your own home, encourage animals to fertilize your lawn. In addition, as a mammal, you can do the same yourself, provided you are discrete. That's what the "P" in IPLawnGuy is for, after all!

Thanks for your attention, and feel free to ask any additional questions you may have!

-- IPLawnGuy

Comments:
This looks like something someone from Northfield, MN would write....
 
Hey, I don't even know the password to Le Razoir! If I did, let me tell you, things would be very different...
 
Ah, so you have a doppelganger too!
 
Maybe this person from Northfield has to mow the lawn today.

I prefer a cross cut lawn with an old people powered blade mower. They worked pretty good on the soft Grosse Pointe grass and not so well on the wees here in NC.
 
You know I am annoyed those people who cut their lawns on like the PERFECT diagonal. I worry about them. Seriously. I have a neighbor who does this. its scary.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#