Sunday, June 14, 2009

 

Austin Sunday and North America's Largest Taco

Things went great at the First United Methodist Church in Austin this afternoon-- I had an audience of informed and fascinating people who had lots of intriguing questions. It seems like a wonderful church.

Before that, though, I had lunch with TJ and Jaime Turner (and their son Cameron) along with Chris Philley (the "Secret Canadian") at Juan in a Million's down on Cesar Chavez. I got the Don Juan Taco, which turned out to be a giant plate of eggs, cheese, bacon, and potatoes served with some tortillas. It was excellent. I'm still pretty full, in fact...

Comments:
The "Don Juan" may be one of the best breakfast choices in Texas. Well done, Professor.
 
Well, this comment is only tangentially related to the post, but I figured it would be better than not letting you know. I recommended your book to my dad, who lives in Austin, and he's since read it. Anyway, he told me today that you're in the Austin-American Statesman. Here's the link: http://www.statesman.com/life/content/life/stories/books/2009/06/16/0616osler.html. Hope all's well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#