Saturday, April 25, 2009

 

JD in the NC


I'm out in North Carolina now, for a meeting of the New Baptist Covenant. The conference is being hosted by Bill Leonard, the founding dean of the Wake Forest Divinity School (who also wrote the jacket blurb for my book). Last night there was a big dinner put on by Baptist Today magazine in honor of James Dunn, who has been a strong voice for the separation of church and state, among other issues. It was special to me because it was James Dunn who (at a Cracker Barrel in Hilton Head SC) told me to take the job at Baylor. I listened to him.

Dunn, in his excellent acceptance speech, gave a big shout-out to fellow blogger Big Daddy Weave, who I very much hope was there to hear it. I'm adding Weave's blog to my list here, something I should have done a long time ago... so there's James Dunn, telling me what to do once again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#