Friday, April 03, 2009

 

Haiku Friday: Computer Disaster Edition


On Wednesday night, my laptop died. In her last moments, old Bessie became very hot, then emitted a loud whirring and clanking noise before going dark. I tried to restart her, but her screen would only display a picture of a closed folder with a question mark blinking in front of it, which I think must be a metaphor for death (and a pretty good one!). So long, Bessie; we had many happy days together. We worked together as a team, you and I, and accomplished many things together that I never could have done on my own. I will always remember you.

The new one should arrive today. Yippee!

Anyways, let's haiku about something we all know well: Computer disasters. I'll lead:

The blue screen of death
Heralded disaster day,
1992.

Now it is your turn. Because of the particular sensitivity many feel on this topic, I will free you from the 5/7/5 straightjacket and you may use any form you like.

Comments:
The Dell from Hell
Plagued my life, until
I backed over it.
Pop!
 
2:30 a.m.
Finally finished the brief;
Then heard the crunching.
 
Bows, hugs, ipods.
My dell NEVER obeyed protocols.
How you like them Apples?
 
Haiku aside, you got a nice mention on a blog today. You're "provocative!"
 
OH, Universe, what
say you? What happens when
you drop a laptop?

The screen looks Realllly
interesting afterward.
I dropped Bill's.


My In Laws are gone after
a three week visit.
The Party is Over.
Just 500 Thank You notes to write.


This AM Dog ate a giant
plateful of Lemon Blossoms
Mini Cupcakes.
Life returns to normal.

I thought the ER finale was
just okay. No Luka or Abby. I looked forward to seeing them
argue one last time.

Bill took Spencer and his BFF Austin to Story Hour at the Library
this AM. Then onto Lunch at McDs
Where "lunch" is NOT a verb.

Ready for this????
My LAWYERS have to read
my abysmally stupid BLOG.
Nothing more
embarrassing than THAT.

Poor Bastards.
 
Finals Fall 08
I forgot my computer
Behind Gentrys car

The screen was shattered
But the Rickies saved my
outlines just in time

I sent it away
the screen was fixed right quick
but mailman broke it.

sent away again,
this time its not fixable
caught fire while starting.
 
Oh, Rickies, you so fine,
You blow my mind, hey Rickies!
Hey Rickies!
 
Ross's computer
Sounds like a spaceship, lifting
Off during finals.
 
Left in on for lunch,
Screen dark and smelled like smoke,
Mother board kaput.
 
Heat and fire spell death
For any silvery laptop
Macs need more heat sinks

Seriously, though, all the heat + folder icon means is that your hard drive went kaput. I have friends in Austin that can fix you up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#