Saturday, April 25, 2009

 

The bounce

On Thursday, I got to have lunch with an old friend, someone I have known for 22 years. We both had great news to share, news that could not yet be public. Nothing that will make us rich, or famous, or much different-- just things that involve the type of sacrifice that is worth it. I suppose we have gotten to that age where, if you are lucky, you find yourself in some interesting places where you might do some good.

When we were in school, someone once told me that this friend and I both bounced when we walked. We still did, walking opposite ways down K Street.

Bounce bounce.

Comments:
At GPN we called it the 'jock walk' as only the athletes at North walked with a certain bounce - even the girls.
 
I also bounce when I walk. It was one of many things people made fun of me about in Jr. HS and High School. I worked on not bouncing in college, with a little luck.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#