Monday, March 23, 2009

 

A short list of heroes I see every week


A long time ago, I decided to stop seeking heroes in comic books and the movies, and start looking for them in the immediate vicinity. I had to change my idea of hero, too-- rather than perfection, I look for people who exemplify a positive trait that I admire. This list contains only a fraction of those heroes I think of, and excludes some of those I have discussed already on the blog (ie, Bob Darden and David Moore). This, in fact, is just the people who have affected me in the past week:

For courage and truth-telling: Mary Landon Darden

For insight: Carl Hoover

For inspiration and intellect: Hulitt Gloer

For selflessness: Tom Featherston

For teaching ability: Jim Wren

For balance in life: Celebrity Luvr

For communication ability: Blaine McCormick

For dedication: Rory Ryan

Have you got a hero this week?

Comments:
Tydwbleach, known to my family and friends as "Liz in Oregon". She is a hero because she represents to me the heart of our practice of law, the innocent victim.

Take any superhero, and force him to deal with the seemingly endless annoying daily reprecussions of a stranger's neglect or malice, and Wonderwoman could not come through with more humor, grace and kindness than Tyd. She has literally rebuilt her home from the foundations and doesn't even have an "act of God" to blame it on.

If someone ever torts me, I pray I have 1/2 her strength and wit. However, more likely than not, I would just "get a rope". :)
 
Thanks. It's funny how you get what you need at just the right time.

Mr. CL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#